Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sounds of Change and MOJO Back

To Coastal Women of the Gulf Coast region:  Yes, we are behind in publishing our launch issue of Coastal Woman digital publication.  There are many things that have occurred since our staff meeting in December, with the thoughts of getting the issue out in January.  As much as I would like to control the universe (Not!), so many opportunities for growth and healing have occurred this year to the writers and to the publisher.  Do not fear, we are working steadily to finish the advertising and branding packages this week.  It is my goal to produce a smaller version of the digital magazine for April, as we will be focusing on women in maritime.  Sometimes your dream does not take shape when you want it. 

During this time, I found myself overloaded with client projects that were not completed, deadlines that became dead, relationships that needed mending and clearing out and cleaning out old garbage.  And just feeling as if I was the only one in the world who had to manage this all on my own.  Sound familiar?  I realized that I was not alone and that I had to regroup, rethink, replan and take it one day at a time.

Now, I am taking it one day at a time.  When I wake up, I have my top three opportunities to complete.  Over the course of the past weeks, I was given other opportunities that required me to be there for a friend's passing, to be there to help my friends during this time and to intercede with the angels as requested. 

My intuitive nature became stronger.  My ability to listen and advise clients is stronger and on target.  And, sometimes it is just being a good life coach and listening. 

I made the conscious choice to give volunteer time to one nonprofit.  There are other national boards I sit on and represent that I have not focused energy on.  Now, is the time to step back and regroup.  And all of this was based on my dream of publishing a women's magazine.

Coastal Woman is needed in this Gulf Coast region, and that dream is still on the white board.  When things got in the way before, they are not in the way now.  Sometimes you have to clear the field to truly see what blessings you have been given.

We shall publish - we are just really to finally make it happen.  So, stay tuned.  In the meantime, clear out your closets, your projects, let the go or get them done now.  A colleague of mind uses the quote GSDN - Get Stuff Done Now.   That is the MOJO I have gotten back to. 

Keep positive energies coming this way.  Our 2013 editorial calendar has changed:

April - Women in Maritime
June - Women in Sports
August - Women in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
October - Women in Media

We are looking for women aged 40+ who have created and developed successful careers in these areas who live in the Gulf Coast region from Key West, FL  to Brownsville, TX to feature.  If you have any suggestions for women to consider, inbox CW or email us at coastalwomanmagazine@gmail.com.









www.coastalwomanmagazine.com






No comments:

Post a Comment